Thursday, May 17, 2018

Botanical Mandalas: 2 Inspirations

Spring is in the air and so are botanical mandalas! I love the idea of botanical mandalas and the two artists I'm featuring below create them in different ways, but both really beautiful. The first mandala artist is Daniel McPheeter.
 Daniel McPheeter's work:
He creates his mandalas with digital collage and images of flowers. His 2011 gallery show YouTube is below. His art takes it beyond just the circle and he has some really beautiful pieces. 



I also found Louise Gale's book Botanical Mandalas: Draw, Paint, and Create Expressive Mandala Art Inspired by Nature. When you buy her book you can also join her book club for free. There is also a preview of this book at this page and I'm so excited to see it in person (yes, I had to order it).

No comments: