Tuesday, February 01, 2011

A List from the Library

The local public library records all the items one checks out and makes a list of "favorites." I just cam across my list and thought it to be an interesting snapshot of my life. Here are my top 50:

My Favorite Subjects
• Rock music.
• Polymer clay craft.
• Alternative rock music.
• Audiobooks.
• Popular music.
• Video recordings for the hearing impaired
• Feature films
• Comedy films.
• Wire craft.
• Celtic music.
• Crystals.
• Folk-rock music.
• Humorous stories.
• Imaginary places--Drama.
• Live sound recordings.
• Paper work.
• Salvage (Waste, etc.)
• Self-actualization (Psychology)
• Textile jewelry.
• Acquisitiveness.
• Alice (Fictitious character : Carroll)--Drama.
• Animals--Fiction.
• Astrology.
• Beadwork--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
• Compulsive behavior.
• Compulsive hoarding.
• Depression, Mental.
• Diary fiction.
• Electronic music.
• England--Fiction.
• Essays.
• Fantasy films.
• Fantasy in art.
• Folk music.
• Happiness.
• Italy--Guidebooks.
• Magic.
• New Age music.
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
• Refuse as art material.
• Rhythm and blues music.
• Self-help techniques.
• Soul music.
• Spirit photography.
• Trees--Michigan--Identification.
• Wit and humor, Pictorial.
• Addams, Charles, 1912-1988.
• Adultery--Drama.
• Aesthetics, Japanese--Fiction.

I like how "beadwork" is next to "complusive hoarding," there's a subject for "Imaginary places--Drama" & "Happiness." I'm not hearing impaired, nor do I commit adultery. I do think the list is quite witty!

Some other good topics that didn't make the top 50:
• Animals--War use.
• Cats--Therapeutic use.
• Mad scientist films.

Drama topics....
• Optical storage devices--Drama. (not so much)
• Queens--Drama. (of course!)
• Rabbits--Drama. (not really, unless they chew through the electric cord)
• Weddings--Drama. (always)

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

an interesting list - I can see it as part of a personal collage.pr